Those 70 and older contact the Purchase District Health Department to register for the COVID-19 vaccine
The Purchase District Health Department has laid out a plan for those wanting to be vaccinated for COVID-19. The have published timelines, scheduling, vaccination groups, and locations on their website.
One McCracken County resident just returned home from an out-of-state visit and needed some information about the COVID plan. First, they wanted to get tested for COVID-19 in case they had come in contact with the virus. Second, they were in the 70 years and older group and wanted to know ‘when it’s their turn’ to get inoculated.
For those on Medicare, to receive a rapid test, the cost locally is $90, according to this source. After reaching out to the Paducah/McCracken County Health Department, it was discovered that COVID-19 testing is taking place until noon most days. The test isn’t a rapid test, however results will be provided in 2 - 4 days.
The Purchase District Health Department (PDHD) covers five counties in our area: McCracken, Ballard, Carlisle, Fulton, and Hickman. They are currently taking registration information for those 70 and older that want to be vaccinated. Either you may go online to the PDHD website: purchasehealth.org or register by phone. If you’re unable to register online, those in group 1B (including those 70 and older) will phone 270-444-9625, extension 161, and leave their name, phone number, and vaccination phase.
After leaving your registration information or registering online, those 70 and older will be placed on a list for scheduling the inoculation. You’ll receive a phone call from the Purchase District Health Department (PDHD) when your group is getting close to having its turn. The vaccine appointments will take approximately 15 minutes.
Vaccination locations for those registering for appointments.
As it stands: 70% of school personnel (K-12), in the five counties, will complete vaccinations by January , 2021. The remaining 30% will be completed by January 29, 2021.
The 70 and over age group has an estimated start date of February 1, 2021. The complete group for Phase 1B is first responders, K-12 (teachers, staff, and daycare), and 70 and older.
After 1B is 1C. This group is 60 and older, 16 and older with high risk disease states, and all other essential workers. WKCTC teachers, employees, and staff will fall under this category.
As of Thursday, January 14, Kentucky has vaccinated 172, 537
226,185 vaccines have reached Kentucky
143,560 have been administered to the public
Long term care facilities in Kentucky have received 98,475
28,977 have been administered
Leave a Reply.